POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : sun/earth/moon/day/night : Re: sun/earth/moon/day/night Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:15:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sun/earth/moon/day/night
From: clipka
Date: 12 Jan 2009 05:45:00
Message: <web.496b1d304590b7f02c9ab000@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <tDOTdegroot@interDOTnlANOTHERDOTnet> wrote:
> There is a subject for an awesome POV-Ray scene.... As said already by
> others, I don't think there are any photographs available.
>
> Who takes up the gauntlet?  :-)

I would if I had the time these days: That earth model I used in the "Not!" shot
still needs a bit of polish anyway, improving the atmosphere colors,
realistically modelling the IOR gradient and all.

My fingers are itching like hell to jump on this, actually. If I wasn't working
on radiosity code these days, that's what I'd spend the nights on: Lunar
eclipse as seen from the moon... astronauts and all included! Digging up that
half-finished Apollo spacesuit model again, polishing up the finished Apollo
Lunar Module... ah, what better setting to revive the heroes of my childhood!

Vade! Tempt me not, if you want the radiosity code to come to completion any
time soon...!

(... Man, you're lucky that realistic lunar scenes *need* radiosity, with all
that indirect light reflecting from the moon's surface...)